12 tips that can help you when you are out networking.
- Attend at least 2-3 networking events a week (day and evening events)
- Know your 30 second story and say it with confidence and passion
- Plan out your networking events month in advance so you know what events you are attending each week.
- Always make sure you have business cards on you and extras in your car.
- Do your homework – know who is running the event and who the attendees are. This will help you to understand how you can help them.
- Make sure you are dressed appropriately for each event.
- When meeting new people ask questions about them, find out what they are looking for and how you can help them. The more you know the more you will understand how you can help them, through what you are offering or through referrals.
- Leave a good impression with everyone you meet. Every person you meet knows at least 200 people so even if they might not be your ideal client, the people they know might be. REFERALS
- Make notes about the people you meet either in a small note book you carry with you or at the back of their card after you speak with them. If you write on the back of someone card in front of them always ask if they mind. This will help you to remember important facts about your new contact.
- Nurture your current network they are just as important and the new people you connect with.
- Follow-up – very important to follow up within 24-48 hours and do what you say you are going to do.
- You will always need new contacts and new customers never stop networking.
Carolyn Dickinson, Founder
SuperMom Entrepneur & I AM THE BOSS Event
- 25 Apr, 2014
- 0 Comments